Whether or not you’re a seafood lover or a fan of Mexican delicacies, Shrimp Quesadillas are a must-try dish that mixes the perfect of each worlds. Should you love quesadillas however are not sure how you can match them into your wholesome health objectives, you’ll love this simple recipe. With lean shrimp because the star ingredient and a beneficiant quantity of protein, these simple quesadillas are filling and scrumptious. The high fiber tortillas and the freshness of the Tomato Avocado Salsa make it a well-rounded and nutritious alternative. Should you favor hen, attempt these quesadilla recipes; Rooster Quesadillas with mango salsa and BBQ Rooster Quesadillas.
Quesadilla with Shrimp Elements
- Crimson Onion and Garlic finely chopped and sauteed with the shrimp
- Jalapeño: Mince one jalapeño. Depart a number of the seeds in it for a spicy quesadilla.
- Tomato: Cube one vine-ripened tomato.
- Shrimp: You should purchase shrimp peeled and deveined to save lots of time. Should you get frozen shrimp, thaw them within the fridge the night time earlier than making this quesadilla recipe.
- Salt to season the veggies
- Cilantro: Chop contemporary cilantro.
- Tortillas: Select high-fiber tortillas with 110 energy or fewer, like Ole Xtreme. You need to use totally different tortillas, however the dietary information will change.
- Cheese: You’ll want shredded pepper jack or Monterey Jack cheese.
- Tomato Avocado Salsa: Tomato, avocado, lime juice, cilantro, purple onion, salt
- Protein: Swap shrimp with diced hen or floor turkey.
- Cheese: Use shredded cheddar cheese or Mexican cheese mix.
- Tomatoes: Sub grape or cherry tomatoes.
- Tortillas: Substitute flour or corn tortillas.
Find out how to Make Shrimp Quesadillas
- Tomato Avocado Salsa: Mix the salsa substances in a bowl. When prepared to make use of, drain in a colander so the quesadilla doesn’t get soggy.
- Greens: Warmth a big nonstick skillet over medium warmth, and sauté onion, garlic, and jalapeño in oil till smooth for about two minutes. Add the tomatoes and salt and prepare dinner till thickened for a couple of minutes.
- Shrimp: Add the chopped shrimp and cilantro to the skillet and improve the warmth to medium-high. Prepare dinner for one to 2 minutes till the shrimp turns pink and is cooked within the heart. Switch the combination to a bowl and put aside.
- Prep the Skillet: Clear the skillet, spray with oil, and return the warmth to medium-high.
- Prepare dinner the Quesadillas: Lay a tortilla flat within the pan, unfold shrimp combination onto one half, and prime with cheese. Prepare dinner the tortilla for 2 minutes to soften the cheese then add the drained salsa. Fold the naked tortilla half over the filling with a spatula and press frivolously to seal. Flip it over and prepare dinner till golden and crispy. Slice it into wedges and serve. Repeat the method with the remaining substances.
What to Serve with Shrimp Quesadillas
You may eat these wholesome shrimp quesadillas plain or garnish them with varied toppings. Salsa, guacamole, bitter cream, or chopped contemporary cilantro are wonderful choices to boost the flavors. For some facet dishes, do this Grilled Corn Salad, Skillet Mexican Zucchini, Black Beans or Tortilla Soup.
Find out how to Retailer Quesadillas
Retailer these shrimp quesadillas within the fridge in an hermetic container for as much as 3 days. Reheat them in a skillet for finest outcomes, or microwave them should you’re brief on time.
Extra Mexican-Impressed Shrimp Recipes You Will Love
Yield: 4 servings
Serving Dimension: 1 quesadilla
For the Tomato Avocado Salsa:
Warmth a big skillet over medium warmth, saute the onion, garlic and jalapeno in oil till smooth, about 2 minutes. Add the tomatoes and 1/4 teaspoon salt and prepare dinner till thickened 2 to three minutes.
Add the shrimp, and cilantro and prepare dinner medium- excessive warmth 1 to 2 minutes, till the shrimp turns pink and is cooked via. Put aside in a bowl.
Clear the skillet. Respray and return to medium-high warmth.
Lay tortilla flat, and unfold 1 / 4 of the shrimp onto one half. High with 1/4 cup cheese. Prepare dinner the half-loaded tortilla for two minutes. High with 1/4 of the drained salsa.
Fold the naked tortilla half over the filling with a spatula, and press frivolously to seal.
Rigorously flip and prepare dinner till golden and crispy, about 3 minutes on either side.
Slice into wedges and serve. Repeat with the remaining.
Please go away a ranking and remark letting us know the way you preferred this recipe! This helps our enterprise to thrive and proceed offering free, high-quality recipes for you.
Serving: 1 quesadilla, Energy: 299 kcal, Carbohydrates: 27.5 g, Protein: 24 g, Fats: 16 g, Saturated Fats: 6 g, Ldl cholesterol: 132 mg, Sodium: 998 mg, Fiber: 14 g, Sugar: 4 g