Tart and candy, this recipe for rhubarb custard pie is a keeper!
Recent rhubarb is baked right into a creamy custard single-crust pie that’s able to serve in lower than an hour!
This scrumptious deal with is a summertime favourite that makes probably the most of contemporary rhubarb.
Straightforward Rhubarb Custard Pie
- This classic favourite strikes the steadiness between tangy rhubarb & creamy custard.
- Home made fruit pies are his rhubarb-based magnificence couldn’t be any simpler to make!
- Channel your interior Betty Crocker and bake up this jewel-toned pie for a picnic or BBQ!
Elements in Rhubarb Custard Pie
Rhubarb – Recent or frozen rhubarb can be utilized for this pie. Recent rhubarb might be agency and crimson with flecks of inexperienced. Drain water from thawed rhubarb so the pie units.
Custard – Gentle cream (resembling half and half) is greatest for this recipe. A couple of drops of rum or brandy will be added to the custard for further taste.
Toppings – Though this pie is ideal and not using a topping, it’s completely dreamy served with a dollop of whipped cream, a scoop of home made no-churn ice cream, and even a drizzle of caramel sauce or meringue.
Variations – When you’re a bit of shy on rhubarb, combine in chopped strawberries, peaches, crimson or inexperienced apples, currants, dried cranberries, or perhaps a handful of granola.
The right way to Make Rhubarb Custard Pie
- Lin an unbaked pie shell in a glass pie pan.
- Whisk collectively all substances besides the rhubarb (as per the recipe beneath).
- Fill pie shell with ready rhubarb and pour the custard on prime.
- Bake till the fruit is tender and the pie is about.
Suggestions for Good Pie
- Reduce rhubarb into small items about ¼” every to tenderize the fibrous stalks. Make certain the stalks are freed from leaves as they’re poisonous if consumed.
- If the perimeters of the pie crust begin to brown too shortly, cowl them with strips of foil.
- Let the pie cool earlier than serving to permit the custard to set correctly.
The right way to Retailer
- Leftover rhubarb custard pie will be saved in an hermetic container within the fridge for as much as 4 days.
- Baked pie can also be really easy to freeze as soon as it’s cooled. Reduce it into single parts, wrap in plastic wrap, and place it in an hermetic container within the freezer for as much as 2 months.
Did your loved ones love this Rhubarb Custard Pie? Depart us a score and a remark beneath!
Rhubarb Custard Pie
Rhubarb custard pie combines the tangy freshness of rhubarb with the creaminess of home made custard in a flaky crust.
Preheat the oven to 450°F.
Put together the pie crust in keeping with your favourite recipe, or use a premade model. Match the pastry right into a 9-inch glass pie pan, guaranteeing it covers the underside and sides evenly.
In a small bowl, whisk the eggs till they flip a light-weight yellow colour. Add cream, sugar, flour, vanilla, and salt. Combine nicely.
Fill the ready pie shell with rhubarb. Pour the custard combination overtop.
Place the pie on the underside rack of the preheated oven. Bake it at 450°F for quarter-hour.
Scale back the oven temperature to 350°F and proceed baking the pie for an extra 30 to 35 minutes, or till the rhubarb is tender and the pie has set.
- When you discover the perimeters of the pie beginning to brown too shortly, you’ll be able to cowl them with aluminum foil to forestall over-browning.
- It’s necessary to let the pie cool earlier than slicing. This permits the custard to set and makes for cleaner slices.
- Be at liberty to serve this pie with a dollop of whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
For a 9″ deep dish pie modify the filling as follows:
3 1/2 cups rhubarb
3 egg yolks
1/3 cup mild cream
1 1/4 cup sugar
3 Tablespoons flour
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
1/4 teaspoon salt
Energy: 114 | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 1g | Fats: 3g | Saturated Fats: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 0.3g | Monounsaturated Fats: 1g | Ldl cholesterol: 53mg | Sodium: 78mg | Potassium: 121mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 19g | Vitamin A: 142IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 42mg | Iron: 0.3mg
Vitamin data offered is an estimate and can range primarily based on cooking strategies and types of substances used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content material and pictures are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is each inspired and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my picture use coverage right here.