Don’t miss this lighter model of the trending “Marry Me Rooster” recipe. The identical scrumptious creamy rooster with sundried tomatoes is made more healthy with much less fats and added spinach. Your friends will certainly need to say “Marry me” after making an attempt this recipe!
Marry Me Rooster
This one-pan dinner is impressed by the viral “Marry Me Rooster,” with a number of tweaks to lighten it up. It’s such a scrumptious technique to make boring rooster breasts style wonderful! It options the identical tender boneless rooster breasts nestled in a tomato cream sauce however replaces heavy cream with cream cheese and half-and-half and provides spinach for an additional veggie. The completed dish is so wealthy and comfy that you just received’t even know the cream is lacking. Plus, every serving has 30 grams of protein! Extra rooster breast recipes you’ll love, Gradual Cooker Rooster Taco Chili, Spinach Stuffed Rooster Breasts and Air Fryer Rooster Bites.
Why This Creamy Sundried Tomato Rooster Works
- Makes Boring Rooster Breast Thrilling! I’m a darkish meat woman, so if I’m making rooster breasts, they need to be good!
- Spectacular: Your friends will swoon over this rooster and will even proclaim their love for you. The juicy rooster with the creamy tomato sauce is so good, and it’d be nice to serve on your subsequent at-home date evening!
- Wholesome Marry Me Rooster: I lightened up the sauce, stored the olive oil to a minimal, and added extra greens.
- Fast and Simple: This rooster dish cooks in a single skillet in lower than half-hour.
Marry Me Rooster Elements
- Sundried Tomatoes: Drain sundried tomatoes from oil and chop them.
- Rooster: You’ll want two boneless, skinless rooster breasts.
- Salt and Black Pepper to season the rooster
- Flour: Coat the rooster breasts in flour earlier than searing them.
- Minced Shallot and Garlic are cooked till aromatic and added to the sauce.
- Tomato paste offers the sauce a lightweight tomato taste.
- Spinach offers further fiber, vitamin C, and calcium.
- Marry Me Rooster Sauce: Mix rooster broth with half-and-half and reduced-fat cream cheese for a creamy sauce that’s lighter than the unique recipe.
- Seasoning: Dried oregano, purple pepper flakes
- Parmesan Cheese: Grate recent Parmesan over the rooster earlier than serving.
The right way to Make Marry Me Rooster
- Prep the Rooster: Pound the rooster breasts to an excellent thickness, season with salt and pepper, and dredge the items in flour.
- Cook dinner the Rooster in a big skillet on medium-high warmth for about 5 minutes on all sides. Take away from the skillet and put aside.
- Sauté the Greens: Add the remaining olive oil with the shallots and garlic. Then, stir within the tomato paste and cook dinner for a minute. Add the sundried tomatoes and spinach and cook dinner till the spinach wilts.
- Make the Sauce: Cut back the warmth to low, and add the cream cheese, broth, half-and-half, oregano, and purple pepper. Stir till the cream cheese is totally melted.
- Serve: Return the rooster to the skillet and simmer them within the sauce for a couple of minutes. Sprinkle with grated parmesan and serve.
- Rooster: Swap rooster breasts with rooster tenders or thighs.
- Gluten-Free: Change all-purpose flour with a gluten-free combine.
- Broth: Substitute vegetable broth with rooster.
- Spiciness: For spicier rooster, add extra purple pepper flakes or omit them for a milder model.
What to Serve with this straightforward Marry Me Rooster recipe
- This one-pot rooster dish is nice by itself because it’s excessive in protein and has a serving of veggies. Pair it with a slice of hearty bread to absorb the sauce.
- Serve Marry Me Rooster with pasta, like spaghetti, cavatappi, or orzo.
- Eat this meal with mashed potatoes or your favourite grain, like quinoa or rice, and inexperienced beans or a salad.
Leftover rooster will last as long as 4 days within the fridge or three months within the freezer. Reheat it within the microwave till heat.
Extra Rooster Recipes You’ll Love
Yield: 4 servings
Serving Measurement: 1 piece rooster with sauce
Start by pounding the rooster breasts to an excellent thickness (about 1/2-inch thick). Season them with salt and black pepper. Dredge every rooster piece in flour, shaking off any extra.
Warmth 1 tablespoon of olive oil (or use from the solar dried tomatoes) in a big skillet over medium-high warmth. Add the rooster and cook dinner for about 4-5 minutes per aspect or till the rooster is cooked by way of and has a golden-brown crust. Take away the rooster from the skillet and set it apart.
In the identical skillet, add the remaining 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil. Add the minced shallot and garlic and sauté for about 1-2 minutes till they grow to be aromatic and translucent.
Stir within the tomato paste and cook dinner for one more 1-2 minutes.
Add the chopped sundried tomatoes and child spinach to the skillet. Cook dinner till the spinach wilts.
Cut back the warmth to low, after which add the cream cheese, rooster broth, half-and-half, dried oregano, and purple pepper flakes. Stir till the cream cheese is totally melted and the sauce is nicely mixed.
Return the cooked rooster to the skillet and let it simmer within the sauce for a couple of minutes till heated by way of.
Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese and serve.
Please depart a score and remark letting us understand how you favored this recipe! This helps our enterprise to thrive and proceed offering free, high-quality recipes for you.
Serving: 1 piece rooster with sauce, Energy: 286 kcal, Carbohydrates: 12 g, Protein: 30 g, Fats: 13 g, Saturated Fats: 4 g, Ldl cholesterol: 96 mg, Sodium: 504.5 mg, Fiber: 1.5 g, Sugar: 2 g