This web site might comprise affiliate hyperlinks and promoting in order that we are able to present recipes to you. Learn my disclosure coverage.
This wonderful Korean Beef Bulgogi is simpler than you assume and doesn’t want any fancy components. It’s a fast dinner that creates essentially the most melt-in-your-mouth, flavorful beef! Excellent for busy households, it’s prepared in 45 minutes with solely 10 minutes of precise prep and cook dinner time.
Korean Beef Bulgogi
In case you are trying to change issues up for dinner with a recipe that’s simpler than it sounds, this Korean Beef Bulgogi is the best way to go! This Korean BBQ beef options strips of flank steak marinated to tender perfection in a candy and savory sauce. Everybody in your loved ones will probably be raving about it!
This recipe is Choosy Eater Accredited!
Once I wished to make this at dwelling, I anticipated an extended, sophisticated recipe with tons of components which might be laborious to search out. As a result of effectively, the flavors are so advanced and the meat is so insanely tender. However the excellent news is, this Korean beef bulgogi makes use of plenty of easy components, most of which you’ll have in your pantry!
Bulgogi Marinade Components
All of it begins with the marinade. Lots of recipes ask you to marinate in a single day however in case you are utilizing beef, half-hour is sufficient for my part. (That is what makes this bulgogi recipe so fast and straightforward!)
- Minced Pear: A staple in Korean cooking, pear is a good meat tenderizer and in addition provides taste and sweetness. Regular pears work effective, however if you need a extra conventional model of this dish, strive utilizing Asian pears! They’ve a bit bit crunchier texture, extra much like an apple.
- Minced Garlic: To infuse the meat with tasty savory taste.
- Grated Ginger: Retains the flavour of the bulgogi gentle and vibrant.
- Soy Sauce: The inspiration of the marinade. Use low-sodium soy sauce in case you don’t need issues to be too salty.
- Sesame Oil: Provides a nutty savory taste and retains issues moist.
- Sriracha: For only a contact of warmth. You could possibly additionally sub this out for a bit little bit of gochujang (Korean chili paste).
- Lime Juice: The acidity helps to make the meat bulgogi further tender!
- Brown Sugar: Provides a bit sweetness to steadiness out the flavors.
- Seasonings: Onion powder and black pepper to boost the general taste of the marinade.
Different Components Wanted:
- Flank Steak: Thinly sliced in strips which might be about the identical measurement so that they cook dinner evenly.
- Vegetable Oil: For cooking the meat bulgogi in.
What’s the Greatest Lower of Beef to Use?
I like utilizing flank steak, lower into about 1/2 to 1/4 inch-thick slices. Ribeye steaks are one other nice choice, though they’re on the pricier facet.
Cooking Korean Beef Bulgogi
You’ll be able to both cook dinner this on a grill or on the range. The slices of beef are actually skinny so that they don’t take lengthy in any respect to cook dinner. (I’m speaking sheer minutes right here!) Be sure your grill or skillet is tremendous sizzling and you’ve got every thing able to go.
- Put together Marinade: In a big bowl, combine collectively the minced pear, garlic, ginger, soy sauce, sesame oil, sriracha, brown sugar, onion powder, and black pepper.
- Marinate in Fridge: Add the skinny slices of beef to the marinade bowl, cowl and permit it to marinate for a minimum of half-hour within the fridge.
- Cook dinner in Skillet: As soon as the meat has marinated, warmth a big skillet over medium excessive warmth. Add the oil and a number of the beef, in a single layer, on the new skillet. Cook dinner for about 1-2 minutes on either side. Take away the cooked beef and set it apart whereas cooking the remainder of the meat.
- Serve: Serve over rice, high with sesame seeds if desired, and revel in!
Don’t Overcrowd Your Pan!
If you cook dinner your beef bulgogi, be sure that to not crowd the pan. I prefer to work in small batches! Should you add too many slices of beef directly, they are going to begin steaming and also you received’t get that pretty caramelization and smoky taste that we’re on the lookout for.
Suggestions and Variations
A pair further tricks to make this Korean beef bulgogi much more handy and scrumptious:
- Marinating Time: You’ll be able to marinate the meat within the fridge longer than half-hour for a richer taste, however for the sake of time and ease I do it simply half an hour.
- Serve With: Korean delicacies is all concerning the facet dishes! These are known as ‘banchan’ in Korean. I really like serving Korean Beef Bulgogi over steamed rice. Then I like so as to add further veggies for extra coloration and taste. Strive chopped scallions, kimchi, bean sprouts, pickled radish, cucumber slices, or shredded cabbage.
A standard strategy to get pleasure from grilled meats in Korea is to wrap them in leafy greens or lettuce. That is known as ‘ssam’ which instantly interprets to ‘wrapped.’ Seize a big piece of lettuce, add a slice or two of bulgogi, some further sauce in case you like, and revel in! Bonus factors in case you can eat the complete factor in a single chunk!
Storing Leftovers and Reheating
Retailer leftover beef bulgogi within the fridge in an hermetic container for as much as 4 days. I like to recommend reheating it over the range on medium warmth to protect that scrumptious taste and texture!
Pin this now to search out it later
In a big bowl, combine collectively the minced pear, garlic, ginger, soy sauce, sesame oil, sriracha, brown sugar, onion powder, and black pepper.
Add the sliced flank steak to the marinade bowl, cowl and permit the meat to marinate for a minimum of half-hour within the fridge.
As soon as the meat has marinated, warmth a big skillet over medium excessive warmth. Add the oil and a number of the beef, in a single layer, on the new skillet. Cook dinner for about 1-2 minutes on either side. Take away the cooked beef and set it apart whereas cooking the remainder of the meat.
Serve over rice and revel in!
Up to date on February 11, 2024
Energy: 490kcalCarbohydrates: 16gProtein: 51gFats: 24gSaturated Fats: 7gPolyunsaturated Fats: 7gMonounsaturated Fats: 8gTrans Fats: 0.1gLdl cholesterol: 136mgSodium: 1258mgPotassium: 896mgFiber: 1gSugar: 11gVitamin A: 12IUVitamin C: 5mgCalcium: 74mgIron: 4mg
Vitamin data is routinely calculated, so ought to solely be used as an approximation.